Perstorp Group will invest a lot the following years in their plants in Sweden and worldwide. Different kind of large expansion projects and green field projects.
The company is a world leading specialty chemicals company focusing on sustainability, forming the future direction of industrial excellence in the chemical industry, working with global and technically complex projects.
About the company
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 11 billion SEK and have 1,500 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
Perstorp Group is growing and several investment programs within operations are in the pipeline. For example - a whole new production plant is under construction in India. Perstorp has a demand for additional Electrical & Automation Engineer resources to secure that the investments will be delivered successfully.
About the position
Global Technology & Investment (GTI) is a global technology department within the Operations function at Perstorp. The department is responsible for setting the overall Technology Strategy for Perstorp. In alignment with that strategy the department is focused on developing and delivering technology solutions mainly through investments, and stabilizing and optimizing plant performance across all Perstorp’s production sites in the world. Staff members in GTI are primarily located in Perstorp & Stenungsund.
As Electrical & Automation Engineer in GTI you will work globally and provide your know-how in investment projects, technical networks, as well as in activities aimed at stabilizing and optimizing plant performance at the different production sites in the Perstorp Group. You can expect approximately 30 travelling days a year. You will report to Team Manager Automation in Perstorp.
· Deliver design and implementation in technical projects
· Lead or act as expert in the electrical & automation discipline in technical projects and activities
· Provide guidance to project basic design and detail design engineering work
· Prepare and review of engineering studies, design drawings, documents, material and equipment specifications
· Prepare and review of cost estimations in investment projects
· Manage minor investment projects or projects aimed at stabilizing and optimizing plant performance
· Review and assist with update of internal technical guidelines and standards within electrical & automation
· Assist with coordination, update and mapping of current/future system needs for technical documentation and design
· Suggest improvements of relevant internal work processes
· Participate in technical sourcing activities with responsibility for technical evaluation
· Keep knowledge up to date for new technologies and lead special projects to address tactical and/or strategic issues within relevant technical field.
· Suggests new areas of research for the relevant technical field
Who are you?
You have a relevant MSc, BSc degree or KY with at least 5 years of experience as Electrical & Automation Engineer with high competence and extensive knowledge of process industry and industrial automation.
You are highly structured in documentation of performed technical activities/projects and have great writing skills. You have a process-oriented mindset and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Since international relations is a natural part of this position good proficiency in English is mandatory. The biggest factories are located in Sweden, swedish is very desirable.
Do you want to know more about Perstorp? Take a look at these links
How do I apply for this position?
This recruitment is handled by Macavoy, and you apply with an updated CV and personal letter via www.macavoy.se. We will work with a continuous selection so please send your application without delay. If you have any questions regarding this position, please do not hesitate to give recruitment consultant Markus Holmgren a call, 010-330 54 81.
We look forward to your application!
Macavoy is the small recruiting agency working with the big competencies. Macavoy are specialized in recruiting managers, project managers and specialist, with a background within Engineering. Read more about us on www.macavoy.se and follow us at LinkedIn to find out what´s happening.