Are you interested in working at a world leading specialty chemicals company, focusing on establishing our next generation of production plants and forming the future direction of industrial excellence and sustainability? Then have a look at this.
About the company
For over 130 years, Perstorp has worked to improve the daily lives of millions of people around the world with innovative chemistry. Today we have an annual turnover of 15 billion SEK and have 1,350 employees worldwide, in Asia, Europe and North America. Our specialty chemicals make everything from cars to computers, from sails to shoes, lighter, stronger and safer. Every aspect of our corporate culture is infused with our core values of focused innovation, reliability and responsibility.
About the section GTI
Global Technology and Investments (GTI) is a global department within the Integrated supply chain function at Perstorp. The department is responsible for setting the overall company Technology Strategy, develop technical solutions, execute investment projects and optimize plant performance across Perstorp production sites.
Staff members in Global Technology and Investments are primarily located in Stenungsund and Perstorp. This position will be located in Perstorp. You will report to the Process Technology Manager and be part of a group with a high team spirit and an innovative attitude.
What about this job?
Perstorp want to strengthen the Global Process Engineering team with a Process Engineer that is motivated by finding ways to revamp-, expand- or upgrade the design of our production platforms. The job is to find technical solutions for defined growth projects in Perstorp strategy and then execute the projects from idea to finalized investment project. Projects can be at Perstorps production plant in Perstorp or at any of the other seven sites within Perstorp Group. We are searching for someone who is energetic, structured with strong analytical skills.
We have several investment projects ahead of us. One of them might be a new factory or larger expansion of our existing production in China. You will then learn the polyol platform by working closely with a very competent team of GTI colleagues. After this we hope that you can take on projects in the polyol platform as Lead Engineer for the process discipline. You need to be able to travel and can expect approximately 20-60 days/year.
The overall work tasks as a Process Engineer can range from:
- Design and execution of investment projects, improving safety, sustainability, production or reliability. The investments vary from new green field plants to replacement of a single process unit i.e. a pump or heat exchanger
- Troubleshooting and optimization of Perstorp production plants using Six Sigma methodology
- Network with other productions sites and engineers to share best practices
- Work with process safety related topics exemplified by risk analysis
- Support the transformation of the production plants to become sustainable from an environmental perspective
Qualifications we look for
- Master’s degree within chemical engineering or relevant engineering field
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Process Engineer or equivalent, in a process industry
- Experience working in projects with multidisciplinary scope is very beneficial
- A structured and process-oriented mindset
- Able to combine a practical, theoretical, and strategical approach
- Actively shares knowledge, has an inclusive and coaching approach
- Able to travel to other sites as necessary
- Good proficiency in Swedish and English language
How do I apply for this position?
This recruitment is handled by Macavoy, and you apply with an updated CV via www.macavoy.se. We will work with a continuous selection so please send your application without delay. If you have any questions regarding this position, please do not hesitate to give us a call, Markus Holmgren +46 735 19 54 81.
We look forward to your application!
Macavoy is the small recruiting agency working with the big competencies. We are specialized in recruiting managers, project managers and specialist within Engineering. Read more about us on www.macavoy.se and follow us at LinkedIn to find out what´s happening: http://linkedin.com/company/ma...